12 & Under
Uncle Bob's *International*
12 & Under- July 11 - 18, 2008
6 Game Guarantee - $425 Fee
Uncle Bob's "BIG7" tournaments of Michigan is an ASA sanctioned tournament hosted by the Michigan Athletics softball organization. We are offering a 6 GG for the low price of $425. It will be held in Lawton, Michigan which is a suburb of Kalamazoo Michigan.
Our complex is in a beautiful park like setting with 6 diamonds, fenced in diamonds, covered dugouts, a nice concession stand, permanent restrooms, batting cages, warm up areas and lots of free parking. We also DO NOT charge spectators an addmission fee to Uncle Bob's.
We have lots more to offer too. A quality run tournament with Bob Nowak as tournament director. Bob has run tournaments for over 20 years, dealing with over 1000 teams from 17 states and Canada. Bob also was on the tournament committee which hosted 2 ASA 23 & Under National Championships and 1 ASA Women's Open National Championships. He also was Metro Buffalo Player Rep, attended many National ASA Conventions and is inducted in the Metro Buffalo Softball Hall of Fame. We're sure if you attend an Uncle Bob's tournamnt, you won't be disappointed!!
Unlce Bob's concept is for teams to play as many games as possible at a reasonable fee. Uncle Bob's tournaments will also be held in Buffalo New York and Turnersville New Jersey. If you attend more than one Uncle Bob's "BIG 7" tournament, you'll get a 50% refund on each tournament you attend. That's right - you cost for each 12U tournament will be $212.50. You'll get your refund when you sign in for the second Uncle Bob's tournament.
1) Ages: Girls 12 & Under as of January 1st, 2008.
- 2) A.S.A. official rules will apply. All protests are to be resolved at the time of the protest. The
- Umpire - in - Chief and/or Tournament Directors have final say.
- 3) Roster: Maxium of 18 players. The final rosters and proof of insurance ( copy or origional)
- MUST be given to the tournament director no less than 1 hour prior to the start of your first game. Birth dates must be included! This rule will be strictly enforced! Proof of age must be available upon request. Players are allowed to play for only one team and age group during each week-end, even after their team has been eliminated from Tournament play. Travel permits are no longer required!
UNOFFICIAL ROSTER - When you register, an "unofficial roster (green colored) sheet" will be returned to you. You MUST return this sheet to the tournament director by May 22th. The names on your unofficial roster will be used for the back of our tournament tee shirts. If you have any changes to make for the tournament tee shirt, they can be made up to two weeks before your tournament week end by contacting Mike directly at JITEES@Hotmail.com.. Since this roster is only for our tournament tee shirt (and not your official roster) 100% accuracy is not required. However, 100% co-operation is! ...Teams who do not return their unofficial roster sheet in ON TIME - MAY 22TH, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned, and they will not be allowed to compete.
- 4) Teams must be ready to play at their scheduled starting times.
- 5) During pool play, the home team will be determined by a flip of a coin at home plate by the
- umpire. The team traveling the farthest may call the coin toss. Also during pool play, the team listed first will occupy the first base dug-out. In the playoffs, the highest seeded team will occupy the first base dug-out and have choice of being home team.
- 6) The home team will be the official scorekeeper for all games.
- 7) There will be no infield practice allowed on the game diamonds! This means anywhere on the
- infield dirt! Head coaches are responsible for this rule being enforced. Any infield practice - lead by anyone; head coach, assistant coach, parent or player will result in the removal of the HEAD coach from the complex for that game. Second offenses will result in the removal of the head coach for the remainder of the tournament, and possibly you team will not be allowed to register for future Aunt Rosie's tournaments.
- 8) 12 & Under games will be seven innings in length with the following exceptions. There will
- be a time limit of one hour and thirty minutes with no new inning to start after one hour and thirty minutes. Also, the (international) tie breaker rule will be in effect after 7 innings, OR the one hour and thirty minute time limit.
- 9) An 8 run mercy rule will be in effect. If there is a run spread of 8 runs
- after five full innings, it will therefore be determined a complete game.
- 10) The round robin standings will be determined as follows:
- A. Best record in each division.
- B. Head to Head (only applicable if ALL teams involved have played each other).
- C. Fewest runs allowed in all games.
- D. Coin toss.
- ***Forfeits are recorded as a 7 - 0 score.
- ***All final brackets and format for playoffs are to be determined by the number of
- teams entered, and subject to change.
- 11) All playoff games will be 7 innings long with a one hour and thirty minute time limit - no
- new inning can start after one hour and forty five minutes. For the playoffs, the eight run mercy rule will be in effect, and the (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 12) All championship games will be 7 innings long with no time limit. The eight run mercy
- rule will still be in effect after five innings. The (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 13) Each team is responsible for their own insurance. The Michigan Athletics,
- Uncle Bob's tournament personel of Michigan,
- Town of Lawton,Tournament Directors and the Umpires-in-Chief assume no responsibility for insurance or injury.
- 14) Uncle Bob's official line-up cards will be furnished.
- 15) Uncle Bob's Tournament Committee reserves the right to change the rules as required.
- 16) All teams must use Certified Travel for their lodging arrangements. Certified Travel has many
- discounted rooms under contract in various price ranges and locations. Any team which does not make their lodging arrangements thru Certified at least one month before their tournament date, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned, and they will not be allowed to compete in this year's tournament. After a team registers, a confirmation letter is sent back with various information, including lodging information from Certified Travel. If you don't see any you like, please get back to us in a reasonable time, and we will return your registration fee in full. Certified Travel can also be reacted at 1-800-237-1517 or www.CertifiedTravel.org.
- FORMAT: Round Robin Play -- Every team plays their six game guarantee in the pool play format.
- Than the top four teams advance to single elimination playoffs.
- AWARDS: Individual and team trophies will be awarded to the champion and runner-up team.
- STARTING TIMES: Choose a time slot from the time slot selection list at the bottom of this page.
- DRAWING: We will not have a drawing. The games - opponents you play are determined by the time slot you are assigned.
- CONCESSION STAND. Our concession stand will be in full operation.
- We encourage your team to use it.
- OUR COMPLEX: We are located in Lawton, which is a suburb of Kalamazoo Michigan. It is a beautiful 6 diamond complex with lots of free parking. Maps and discount lodging information will go out with your confirmation notices.
- ENTRY FEES: Should be mailed to: Bob Nowak, 27 Curlew Court, East Amherst,
- New York, 14051. Please make checks payable to Uncle Bob's of Michigan.
- Canadian teams, please make checks payable in American Funds.
- ANY QUESTIONS - CONTACT BOB NOWAK AT (716) 474-4439 EVENINGS