16 & Under
16 & Under- June 27, 23, 24 - 2008
18 Teams Accepted
7 Game Guarantee - $495 fee
CHOOSE YOUR OWN TIME SCHEDULE OF GAMES! Several years ago Bob Nowak started allowing several age groups the chance to choose time slots that they want to play in. It has been a huge success, and will again be offering it for our 16U age group. We feel why not let teams choose when THEY want to play, instead of when WE want them to play? Every team has different needs, and there is no reason for us not to allow each team the opportunity to accomindate their own needs. We have made up the schedule for 2008 and assigned 18 time schedule slots. Go to the Time Schedule link on the bottom of this page and choose 4 time slots (or it doesn't matter if you don't care when you want to play) and indicate the numbers on your registration form. We will assign you the first of your choices that is still available when we get your registration form. If none are still available, we will call you and tell you what is still available. When you get back a confirmation notice, we will tell you the choice you have been assigned. Then you can make your plans ( travel, motel, side trips to Niagara Falls etc.) accordingly.
**** All teams MUST turn in player profile information before their first game. See rule #17.
1) Ages: Girls 16 & Under as of January 1st, 2008.
- 2) A.S.A. official rules will apply. All protests are to be resolved at the time of the protest. The
- Umpire - in - Chief and/or Tournament Directors have final say.
- 3) Roster: Maxium of 18 players. The final rosters and proof of insurance (copy or origional) MUST
- be given to the tournament director no less than 1 hour prior to the start of your first game. Birth dates must be included! This rule will be strictly enforced! Proof of age must be available upon request. Players are allowed to play for only one team during each week-end, even after their team has been eliminated from Tournament play. Travel permits are no longer required!
UNOFFICIAL ROSTER - When you register, an "unofficial (green colored sheet" will be returned to you. You MUST return this sheet to the tournament director before May 22th. The names on your unofficial roster will be used for the back of our our tournament tee shirt. Changes for the tournament tee shirt can be make up to one weeks before your tournament dates by contacting Mike directly at JITEES@Hotmail.com.. Since this roster is only for tee shirt (and not your official roster) 100% accuracy is not required. However, 100% co-operation is! Teams who do not return their unofficial roster sheet in on time - May 22th, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned and they will not be allowed to compete.
- 4) Teams must be ready to play at their scheduled starting times.
- 5) During pool play, the home team will be determined by a flip of a coin at home plate by the
- umpire. The team traveling the farthest may call the coin toss. Also during pool play, the team listed first will occupy the first base dug-out. In the playoffs, the highest seeded team will occupy the first base dug-out and have choice of being home team.
- 6) The home team will be the official scorekeeper for all games.
- 7) There will be no infield practice allowed on the game diamonds! This means anywhere on the infield dirt.
- 8) 16 & Under games will be seven innings in length with the following exceptions. There will be a
- time limit of one hour and thirty minutes with no new inning to start after one hour and thirty minutes. Also, the (international) tie breaker rule will be in effect after 7 innings, OR the one hour and thirty minute time limit.
- 9) An 8 run mercy rule will be in effect. If there is a run spread of 8 runs
- after five full innings, it will therefore be determined a complete game.
- 10) The round robin standings will be determined as follows:
- A. Best record in each division.
- B. Head to Head (only applicable if ALL teams involved have played each other).
- C. Fewest runs allowed in all games.
- D. Coin toss* or draw out of a hat.
- * If the teams that are still tied after applying tie breaker #C have played each other,
head to head will be used as the tie breaker for those teams.
- ***Forfeits are recorded as a 7 - 0 score.
- ***All final brackets and format for playoffs are to be determined by the number of teams
- entered, and subject to change.
- 11) All playoff games will be 7 innings long with a one hour and thirty minute time limit - no
- new inning can start after one hour and thirty minutes. For the playoffs, the eight run mercy rule will be in effect, and the (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 12) All championship games will be 7 innings long with no time limit. The eight run mercy
- rule will still be in effect after five innings. The (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 13) Each team is responsible for their own insurance. Uncle Bob's Tournament, the Town
- of ,the League, Tournament Directors and the Umpires-in-Chief assume no responsibility for insurance or injury.
- 14) Uncle Bob's line-up cards will be furnished.
- 15) Uncle Bob's Tournament Committee reserves the right to change the rules as required.
- 16) All teams must use Certified Travel for their lodging arrangements. Certified Travel has many
- discounted rooms under contract in various price ranges and locations. Any team which does not make their lodging arrangements thru Certified Travel at least one month before their tournament date, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned, and they will not be allowed to compete. After a team registers, a confirmation letter is back with various forms including lodging information from Certified Travel. If you don't see any you like, please get back to us in a reasonable time and we will return your registration fee in full. Certified Travel can also be reached at 1-800-237-1517 or www.CertifiedTravel.org.
- 17) All 16U teams will be required to turn in at least 15 forms of player profile sheets (or booklets) before their first game. Every year, tournaments run by Bob Nowak gets more and more college coaches attending the 16U tournament. Recruiting is becoming more and more intense and they are starting to watch girls at earlier ages. They request information on the teams and girls attending. We then take all the information and put it together into notebooks which we give out free to the college coaches attending. This makes their job easier, even if the players are only freshmen, sophmores or juniors. We want information on every one of your players! This must be turned in at sign in before your first game. If 15 copies are not turned in before your first game (all games until we receive the player profile sheets) results are given, we will post your game score as a 7-0 forfeit loss, even if you won! Please don't put us in that position. While having college coaches is great for Uncle Bob's, the bottom line is it helps the girls. If you need help with preparing player profile sheets, contact us. If you feel you don't want to comply with this rule, please don't register.
- FORMAT: Round Robin Play -- All teams will play their 5 guaranteed games in the pool play format.
- After pool play is completed, the top 8 teams are determined and they advance to single elimination playoffs.
- AWARDS: Individual and team trophies will be awarded to the champion and runner-up team.
- STARTING TIMES: Choose the time schedule you want to play in!
- Go to the Time Scheudle link at the bottom of this page and choose 4 pre set time scheuldes you would like and indicate them on your registration form. For more details, see the top of this page.
- DRAWING: We do not do a drawing. The time slot you choose will determine
- which pool you will be in. The Red pools will be time slots 1-9, White 10-18. Suggestion - If more than one team from your organization or area is attending and you'd rather not play them in pool play, try and choose time slots in different pools.
Final schedules will be posted on this site as soon as possible after we are full, and mailed out 2 weeks before the tournament week end.
- CONCESSION STAND. Our concession stand will be in full operation.
- We encourage your team to use it.
- OUR COMPLEX: is a suburb of Buffalo, New York. We also have a paved parking
- lot, and we do not charge admission for spectators. We are less than one hour's drive from Niagara Falls., and conviently located near motels, restaurants. Maps and discount lodging information will go out with confirmation notices.
- ENTRY FEES: Should be mailed to: Bob Nowak, 27 Curlew Court, East Amherst New York,
- 14051. Please make checks payable to Uncle Bob's Tournament of New York, Canadian teams, please make checks payable in American Funds.
- ANY QUESTIONS - CONTACT BOB NOWAK AT (716) 474-4439 EVENINGS