Women's Open Age group
Uncle Bob's Women's Open
July 19, 20, 2008
6 game guarantee, fee $425
A Women's Open age group means that any team can play in it - regardless of their age. Teams which are true 23 & Under teams can still enter, while the open classification allows teams with players of any age to compete.
It will be a six game guarantee. We will try and play all pool games on Saturday and Sunday. However, if enough teams try and register - probably over 12 -, we may have to play some games on Friday evening. At about noon Sunday we will determine the top 4 teams (subject to final number of teams which register)to advance to the playoffs.
Please note, since we are unsure how many teams will try and register, on the registration form we are offering different game time options. We will try and honor all requests, but requests will basically be honored based on the order that the registration forms are received. Teams which register early will have the best chance of getting their first choice for game times.
1) Ages: There are no age requirements.
- 2) A.S.A. official rules will apply. All protests are to be resolved at the
- time of the protest. The Umpire - in - Chief and/or Tournament Directors have final say.
- 3) Roster: Maxium of 18 players. The final rosters and proof of insurance (copy or origional)
- MUST be given to the tournament director no less than 1 hour prior to the start of your first game. Birth dates must be included! This rule will be strictly enforced! Proof of age must be available upon request. Players are allowed to play for only one team and age group during each week-end, even after their team has been eliminated from Tournament play. Travel permits are no longer required!
UNOFFICIAL ROSTER - When you register, an "unofficial roster (green colored) sheet" will be returned to you. You MUST return this sheet to the tournament director by MAY 22th. The names on your unofficial roster will be used on the back of our tournament tee shirts. After you send in your unofficial roster, there will be one week for you to change information for the program. Changes for the tournament tee shirt can be made up to two weeks before the tournament week end by contacting Mike at JITEES@Hotmail.com.. Since this roster is only for tee shirt and program purposes only (and not your official roster), 100% accuracy is not required, but 100% co-operation is. .... Teams who do not return their unofficial roster sheet in on time, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be reutrned and they will not be able to compete.
- 4) Teams must be ready to play at their scheduled starting times.
- 5) During pool play, the home team will be determined by a flip of a coin at home plate by the
- umpire. The team traveling the farthest may call the coin toss. Also during pool play, the team listed first will occupy the first base dug-out. In the playoffs, the highest seeded team will occupy the first base dug-out and have choice of being home team.
- 6) The home team will be the official scorekeeper for all games.
- 7) There will be no infield practice allowed on the game diamonds! This includes anywhere on
- the infield dirt.
- 8) Women's Open age group games will be seven innings in length with the following exceptions.
- There will be a time limit of one hour and thirty minutes with no new inning to start after one hour and thirty minutes. Also, the (international) tie breaker rule will be in effect after 7 innings, OR the one hour and thirty minute time limit.
- 9) An 8 run mercy rule will be in effect. If there is a run spread of 8 runs after five full
- innings, it will therefore be determined a complete game.
- 10) The round robin standings will be determined as follows:
- A. Best record in each division.
- B. Head to Head (only applicable if ALL the teams involved have played each other).
- C. Fewest runs allowed in all games.
- D. Coin toss* or draw out of a hat if more than two teams are involved.
- * If the teams that are still tied after applying tie breaker #C have played each other, head to head will be used as the tie breaker for those teams.
- ***Forfeits are recorded as a 7 - 0 score.
- ***All final brackets and format for the playoffs will be determined by the actual
- number of teams entered, and subject to change.
- 11) All playoff games will be 7 innings long with a one hour and thirty minute time limit -
- no new inning can start after one hour and thirty minutes. For the playoffs, the eight run mercy rule will be in effect, and the (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 12) All championship games will be 7 innings long with no time limit. The eight run mercy rule
- will still be in effect after five innings. The (International) tie breaker rule will be in effect after seven innings.
- 13) Each team is responsible for their own insurance. Uncle Bob's Tournament personel, the Town
- of,the sponsoring organization, Tournament Directors and the Umpires-in-Chief assume no responsibility for insurance or injury.
- 14) Uncle Bob's official line-up cards will be furnished.
- 15) Uncle Bob's Tournament Committee reserves the right to change the rules as required.
- 16)All teams must use Certified Travel for their lodging arrangements. Certified
- Travel has many discounted rooms under contract in various price ranges and locations. Any team which does not make their lodging arrangements thru Certified Travel at least one month before their tournament date, their registration fee, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned and they will not be allowed to compete in this year's tournament. After a team registers, a confirmation letter is sent back with various information, including lodging information from Certified Travel. If you don't see any you like, please get back to us in a reasonable time, and we will return your registration fee in full. Certified can also be reached at 1-800-237-1517.
- FORMAT: Round Robin Play -- every team is guaranteed six games of pool play. The final number
- of teams registered will determine our format for the number of teams that advance, however, it will probrably be the top four teams.
- AWARDS: Team trophies will be awarded to the champion and runner-up team.
- STARTING TIMES: Depending on the final number of teams, we will try and play all games on
- Saturday and Sunday. However, if we get 12 or more teams to register, we will have to play some games on Friday evening. Please see the Women's Open registration form for game day choices.
- CONCESSION STAND. Our concession stand will be in full operation with an
- expanded menu. We encourage your team to use it.
- OUR COMPLEX: We are in a suburb of Buffalo, New York. We also have a paved parking lot
- for cars, and we do not charge admission for spectators. We are less than one hour from Niagara Falls, and conviently located near motels, restaurants, shopping and theathers. Maps and discount lodging information will go out with confirmation notices.
- ENTRY FEE: Mail registration form and check to
- Bob Nowak, 27 Curlew Court, East Amherst New York, 14051. Please make the check out to Uncle Bob's of New York
Canadian teams, please use American funds.